Friday, October 5, 2007

Hats Off to Radiohead, Death to RIAA

I don't care what a damn jury had to say about it, the Recording Industry Association of America is a despicable organization for filing suits like these. File-sharing will prevail, and the RIAA will die before the decade is out. Meanwhile, more musicians may be forced by necessity to go the direction Radiohead is headed, offering downloads of its new album for whatever price the public wants to pay. I'd love to get the LP+CD hard copy, but what with exchange rates, $81 is just too painful for a deluxe In Rainbows.

1 comment:

Greeley's Ghost said...

It'll be fascinating to see how the public values that download. I suspect on average that the value will be a lot higher than one might guess.
What I mean is you'd think "hell, it's worth a penny! Yay I get something effectively for free." But I don't think it'll work that way. It may end up averaging, well, 99 cents.